2017 Mentorship Program
Our AFP Monterey Bay Chapter offers members an exciting opportunity to transform their fundraising careers through its Mentorship Program.
Why mentorship? At its most basic level, mentorship guarantees new or mid-level development professionals a seasoned mentor to share with and learn from.
Think back. What do you wish you had known as you began your career? What pitfalls could you have avoided, or politic traps maneuvered through more gracefully?
“I have truly grown as a fundraising and development professional in a short period of time. My mentor was spectacular and I can't thank her enough for sharing her wisdom and time with me. -2015 Mentee
The Mentorship Program formalizes a mentoring relationship in a structured program that offers four group workshops and one-on-one coaching sessions committed to meeting your personal and career goals.
Our Mentors provide their mentees with an experienced friend who is there to help in any number of situations. And mentees provide fresh ideas and coaching opportunities for someone looking to sharpen their professional tools.
The goals of the Mentorship Program include:
How to Participate:
- To strengthen the skills of the Mentee and support professional and career development by identifying and working on specific areas of his or her practice.
- To enhance the professional abilities of participating Mentors through their efforts in guiding and coaching.
- To foster collegial relationships between seasoned development professionals and those newer to the field.
- To provide mid-level professionals with the opportunity to expand their skill set to new areas of development.
Mentors and Mentees are asked to commit approximately one hour per month for a six-month period, as they work together on key issues that are important to the Mentee's success and the success of the organization they serve.
The location of our workshops will be determined based on locations of our mentors and mentees.
Upcoming Group Workshops & Mentee/Mentor Meetings:
- June 30, 2017: Applications due
- Kick off and group meetings: TBD
- Fees: Mentor: No Fee, Mentee: $35 (AFP Members), $65 (Non-Members)
- Click here for application: Mentor/Mentee Application
Questions? Please contact Lauren Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 831.649.6444 x.203
2013 End of year mentor/mentee luncheon at MEarth in Carmel