The 2017 Chamberlain Scholarship
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy and the AFP Monterey Bay Chapter are proud to offer a Chamberlain Scholarship to the 2017 International Conference on Fundraising.
The conference will be held in San Francisco, CA, April 30 - May 2, 2017
and is a wonderful opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in fundraising. For more information about the conference, please visit http://afpfc.com/
The Chamberlain Scholarship covers the full cost of registration for the International Conference for one individual. A supplemental $500 stipend for conference travel/lodging expenses will also be provided by AFPMB. Please fill out the application form
and email it to Jennifer.Wood@chomp.org
The Chamberlain Scholarship for the Monterey Bay Chapter AFP will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time is devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP (or NSFRE) International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant.
- Candidate agrees to complete an online Evaluation Form about his or her experience at the International Conference.
- Candidate will write a short summary on the International Conference for publication on the AFP Monterey Bay website and e-newsletter.
Click here to download the application form
- Application Deadline: Friday, October 21, 2016.
- Recipient of the Chamberlain Scholarship will be notified by Wednesday, October 26, 2016.
- All Chamberlain Scholars qualify for the 'early bird' conference registration rate, regardless of when they register. A registration fee of $10 is the responsibility of the recipient.
- Chamberlain Scholars are responsible for registering themselves for the Conference and for making all travel and lodging arrangements by using a special Chamberlain Scholar Registration Form which will be provided.
- The scholarship grant will be paid directly to the International Conference registration.
- The $500 stipend provided by AFPMB will be paid as a reimbursement for valid travel/lodging expenses after the conference; receipts are required.
Our 2016 Chamberlain Scholarship recipient was Kate Mitchell Mehle
, Director of Development at Big Sur Land Trust. You can read Kate's full conference report here
. Check back soon for more details on the 2017 Chamberlain Scholarship.